Dear Parents and Staff,
On August 22nd, we had our last PTA meeting with board and class reps of year 2017/2018, a wrap up and also a quick look ahead.
- Reflections on the start of the school year
- A couple of topics that were brought up at the meeting before summer holidays
- PRAO and the need to help finding places where the IESL students in 8th grade can have their work experience programme
- PTA Annual General Meeting on Oct 3rd
- The fundraising result from Spring Festival 2018 will be communicated at the General Annual Meeting
- 5 members needed to the PTA Board for year 2018/2019
- 2 new PTA class reps from each class to be appointed at the parents’ meeting
- Meet & Greet in connection to the parents’ meetings
- Appreciation Fika, now on Wednesdays
The minutes will be published on SchoolSoft on Monday 27th.
Additional important message:
The PTA annual general meeting is scheduled for October 3rd at 6pm at the school. Invitation & agenda will be distributed 3 weeks in advance.
The nomination committee:
The PTA Board will need 5 new members starting October 3rd. We already have a couple of parents who are interested, but we need more volunteers. This engagement is valuable, interesting and fun. It does not take a lot of work since the board consists of at least 7 members. Each and one will have his/her own responsibility of most interest and the involvement brings so much value to the students, school staff, parents and yourself. Most of our board members have been staying for many years and that’s unfortunately why more than half needs to step out this year. I can assure you that we have enjoyed it a lot so many of us are a bit sad to leave.
Please contact the nomination committee if you are interested to join, see above email addresses. You may also contact any of us in the Board if you have questions.
Remember to check if your email address is visible in SchoolSoft since this is not default from start. You have to manually tick off a box that you are open to show your email address. Please contact your class rep or PTA Board if you need instructions. If it is not visible you will, among other things, miss out of all automatic newsletters regarding new information on the website.